Lemon water can be really helpful for you, meaning it can detoxify your body in a completely natural way. One of the most important benefit lemons provide is their strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting power. Lemons are amazingly efficient in the weight loss process, mostly because lemon juice helps digestion and cleans the liver. They contain a lot of nutrients –notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene – known for their efficacy in boosting immunity and fighting infections.
We have listed some of the amazing benefits you can enjoy by drinking a single cup of warm lemon water each morning. It’s as simple as that — boil some water, let it cool for a while and add a lemon slice!
1. It helps you lose weight — Lemons are rich in pectin, fiber which decreases appetite.
2. Improves digestion – Lemon juice helps the body discharge waste materia, by stimulating the liver to secrete acids important for the digestion.
3. Cleans the skin – Vitamin C reduces the pores and any skin imperfection. Lemon water cleans the toxins from the blood that affect the health of your skin.
4. Improves the immune system – Thanks to the large amount of vitamin C, which is excellent in fighting colds. Lemons also contain potassium, which stimulates the brain, nerves and controls the blood pressure.
5. Reduces respiratory problems – Warm lemon water will help you stop coughing and breathe more easily, so it is especially beneficial for people with asthma and allergies.
6. Balances pH — This fruit is one of the most alkaline foods. Drink some lemon water, in order to reduce the acidity in your body. Lemons contain citric acid, but it does not affect the acidity in your body.
7. An excellent diuretic – Lemon accelerates the excretion of urine and thereby eliminates the toxins. The urinary tract is healthier when it is regularly cleaned.
8. Due to the large amount of vitamin C, lemon water is used in the treatment of infections, wounds, allergies and sore throat.
9. Drink it instead of coffee – Even though it contains no caffeine, lemon water is an excellent replacement for your morning coffee.